While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. From to , 2017.
Fun Blooms at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival 2017
One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot’s 24th annual International Flower & Garden Festival.
Disney’s expert team of horticulturists work year-round to create beautiful landscapes across the resort. The Flower and Garden Festival exhibits its talent with incredible life-size re-creations of beloved Disney characters such as Mickey and Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale, Anna and Elsa as well as pals Woody and Buzz Lightyear.
Look for the topiaries throughout the park, at the entrance and Future World areas, and all around World Showcase. Stunning in the daylight, the topiaries take on a whole new life as the gardens and sculptures are illuminated at night. This year’s newest topiaries are equally exciting. Everyone’s favorite bookworm, Belle from Beauty and the Beast will appear near the France Pavilion. Donald, José and Panchito—collectively known as The Three Amigos—will sprout up at the Mexico Pavilion. Imaginative brothers Phineas and Ferb will appear by the Odyssey Restaurant. Lastly, Epcot’s mascot Figment will appear behind Spaceship Earth.
How to plan your day:
- Make FastPass+ reservations for Soarin or Frozen Ever After, Spaceship Earth, and Turtle Talk with Crush
- Arrive 30-45 minutes before park opening
- Ride either Frozen Ever After or Soarin’ (whichever one you don’t have a FastPass+ for)
- Mission: Space
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Explore The Seas pavilion
- Use FP+ for Turtle Talk with Crush (suggested FP+ time: sometime around 9:30-10:30)
- Living with the Land
- Use FP+ for Soarin OR Frozen Ever After (suggested FP+ time: 10:30-11:30)
- Visit the Festival Center
- Gran Fiesta Tour
- Rest of the day:
Use FP+ for Spaceship Earth (suggested FP+ time: anytime in the afternoon or evening)
Ride Test Track in the Single Rider Line
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Explore the World Showcase
Garden Rocks concert at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. or 8 p.m.
Explore Flower and Garden Festival exhibits and gardens
Ellen’s Universe of Energy (takes 45 minutes)
Illuminations (at night)
The 2017 Flower & Garden Festival lineup:
- March 3-4: Jon Secada (“Just Another Day”)
- March 5-6: Dennis DeYoung – The Music of STYX (“Grand Illusion”)
- March 10-13: The Pointer Sisters (“I’m So Excited”)
- March 17-18: Simple Plan (“Welcome to My Life”)
- March 19-20: Plain White T’s (“Hey There Delilah”)
- March 24-27: Night Ranger (“Sister Christian“)
- March 31-April 3: Little River Band (“Reminiscing”)
- April 7-10: Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice (“Spinning Wheel”)
- April 14-17: Gin Blossoms (“Hey Jealousy”)
- April 21-24: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO (“Evil Woman”)
- April 28-29: Exposé (“Point of No Return”)
- April 30-May 1: Berlin featuring Terri Nunn (“Take My Breath Away”)
- May 5-8: STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas (“We Built This City”)
- May 12-15: The Guess Who (“American Woman”)
- May 19-22: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone (“I’m Henry VIII, I Am”)
- May 26-29: The Spinners (“Working My Way Back To You”)
The bands will perform three times each weekend evening, 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. Be sure to get there at least 30 minutes early. Seats fill up quickly!